QWO Cellulite Treatment
Remove cellulite in as little as 10 weeks with this non-invasive injectable treatment.
9 out of 10 women will have cellulite in their lifetime. Exercise and healthy eating are great for your wellbeing, but in most cases won’t improve your cellulite. Qwo is proven to remove cellulite in as little as 10 weeks.
Qwo works by targeting 3 main causes of cellulite:
- Skin: Your skin thins over time
- Fat: Fat cells enlarge and push against the skin
- Fibrous Bands: The fibrous bands under the skin thicken and cause tension and the signature dimpling on your butt.
What to Expect
Photos will be taken prior to your procedure to track your progress. Our experienced providers will discuss your areas of concern and assess your cellulite. Numbing is not needed for Qwo treatments.
Depending on the amount of dimples that need to be treated, your provider will use either a small or large vial. Your provider will inject Qwo into each dimple. This painless procedure takes less than 10 minutes.
You can return to normal activities immediately. Over the next few days, you will develop bruising at each of the injection sites. This is normal and is a good thing because it means that your Qwo treatment is working. In addition to bruising, it is also common to experience some tenderness.
How does Qwo work?
The enzymes in Qwo target the structural causes of cellulite under your skin by combating the 3 main causes of cellulite:
- SKIN- your skin thins over time
- FAT - fat cells enlarge and push against the skin
- FIBROUS BANDS - the fibrous bands under the skin thicken and cause tension and the signature dimpling effect on your butt.
Will there be downtime?
There is no downtime, however we expect that you will experience bruising at the injection sites. Bruising is common because Qwo is working to break down the fibrous bands, which releases blood vessels in the process. In clinical trials, most bruising lessened after each treatment and resolved in less than 21 days. Less common side effects could include pain, itching, redness, discoloration and swelling.
How long is my appointment?
The injections take less than 10 minutes, and your total appointment time will be about 20-30 minutes to allow for taking pictures as well as discussing your treatment with your provider.
Does it hurt?
No, it does not hurt! Patients do not need numbing for this treatment as it is very tolerable.
When will I see results?
Visible results may be achieved in 10 weeks. In clinical studies, women received 3 treatments of Qwo, 21 days apart.
Will I need multiple treatments?
We recommend a package of 3. We suggest scheduling your Qwo treatments 3 weeks apart.
When I come back, are we treating the same dimples or different ones?
It depends! When you come back we take a look at your dimples and see what you need. Some dimples may need to be re-treated, others may have gone away and we can also treat other areas.
Mona Dermatology feels different because we are different. From our calming, inviting office space, to dermatologists and medical practitioners who are as credentialed as they are kind, there’s so much that sets us apart.
- Dr. Mona Foad named Cincinnati Magazine Top Doctor every year since 2008
- 4.7 average Google rating with 250+ five-star reviews from patients.
- Our providers are extensively and continually trained in the latest advances in medical and cosmetic dermatology.
- We specialize in helping our patients achieve a natural, refreshed look.
- Your goals are our goals. Each patient’s treatment plan is unique.