Cincinnati Microneedling Treatments
Stimulate collagen and elastin to treat fine lines, wrinkles, and scarring.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT), rejuvenates skin, treats fine lines and wrinkles, and improves acne, scars, and stretch marks.
- Minimal downtime
- Great for skin maintenance
- Treat acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles
What to Expect
A nurse will start by taking your Visia picture to get a baseline and assess your skin’s progress. We will then cleanse your face to prepare for your treatment and apply anesthetic.
Once you are ready, the anesthetic will be removed and your skin will be cleansed again prior to your treatment. Your skin care provider will determine the appropriate treatment depth based on your needs, and after a thin layer of serum is applied to your skin, the microneedling pen is gently glided across your skin. This results in thousands of microscopic channels throughout the entire treatment area. The repair process, or collagen induction therapy, begins almost immediately as fibroblasts start synthesizing new collagen.
Your skin may be pink and there may be a small amount of pinpoint bleeding. The pinkness and bleeding will fade quickly and usually resolves within a few hours to a couple days. It is important not to apply anything other than what is recommended to the treated skin, especially for the first 12-24 hours, since the micro-injuries need time to heal. You can wash your face 12 hours after the procedure and we encourage you to use mineral-based makeup since this is healthier for the skin.
How long is the appointment?
How does it work?
Does microneedling hurt?
When will I start seeing results?
Will there be downtime?
Mona Dermatology feels different because we are different. From our calming, inviting office space, to dermatologists and medical practitioners who are as credentialed as they are kind, there’s so much that sets us apart.
- Dr. Mona Foad named Cincinnati Magazine Top Doctor every year since 2008
- 4.7 average Google rating with 250+ five-star reviews from patients.
- Our providers are extensively and continually trained in the latest advances in medical and cosmetic dermatology.
- We specialize in helping our patients achieve a natural, refreshed look.
- Your goals are our goals. Each patient’s treatment plan is unique.